Looking For Anything? :)

Hilarious Translator- Google

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Link-The Legend of Zelda's fan art; Art Rage2 vs. Adobe Photoshop 5.5!

So thanks to the few hours nap yesterday, I'm awake now! And yeah I did some Link's fanart instead of designing the T-shirts that we're gonna take part lol. SO TYPICAL ME. Anyway, I just installed Art Rage 2 that come with my bamboo pad hours ago and I was like "HEY WHY DON'T YOU TRY IT OUT IT LOOKS INTERESTING SINCE I KNEW THIS PRODUCT FEW YEARS AGO". Lol. So I decided to doodle some Links from The Legend of Zelda instead of Vincent from FF7, hardest choice on earth lol.

So yeah, if you're interested in seeing the differences of Art Rage 2 v.s. Photoshop of my limited skills, or simply interested in my doodling, you may keep scrolling! :) Have fun reading my irresponsible comparison. :D


You might find out my newbieness of Art Rage2 from this piece of hand-writing intro HAHAHHA.



Let's start from Art Rage2. Told ya it's my first day trying it and I had a lot of problem using it.
1. Too used to the short cut key of PS.
2. Can't control the thickness of various brushes.
3. Can't move the objects freely like PS.
4. No cropping.
5. Gesture sensor damn fucking insensitive. It's just create some fucking extras if I draw in  high speed.


These are the major problems I've encountered so far and hopefully I'm able to solve it soon laarrr.=__=
But take those problems away, it's really interesting to explore! I'm able to do stuffs that are not or hard to achieve in PS! And the cute interface and sound made me a happier painter HAHAHHA.
1. Like I said, cute interface although I'm still not use to it.
2. Various stencils provided although I'm still stuck at how to move em to the spot I want. =_="
3. DEFINITELY THE BRUSHES. 11 types of brushes to choose from, and each of them have different characteristics to play with, for ex. I can adjust the pressure, transparency, and also the thickness of colour like what we do with real paint brush! :D AND THE CUTEST THING IS I CAN CHOOSE IT TO BE INSTANT-DRY OR BLENDABLE WITH THE COLOURS AROUND! I can wash my brush my clicking the water icon too wtf. Damn cute right. :3
4. I can erase stuffs that I drew on the paper layer lol. No you can't do it with Photoshop and it's a very annoying problem. =__=


Enough of blabbering alone here so you may proceed to my Link nao.

FYI, just for clarification, the character I did is Link from The Legend of Zelda. NO his name is not Zelda, never was.
 

He looks better in my canvas wtf. I wonder why the details lost so if you're interested go HERE for a better view lol.(I guess) I like the feeling it makes this piece of doodling looks like something that I sketched on paper! It looks like I scanned it for my blog right right right?

So next challenge, oil painting-ish's realistic Vincent from Final Fantasy VII! He is the most favourited character after Link although he never listens to me after limit break and I have to kill him wtf. But who doesn't like Vincent tell me nao!

Next is "I'm-getting-lazy-piece-of-Link" using Adobe Photoshop CS5.5. I'm using Photoshop too often until getting lazy to explore lol, but being unprofessionally-professional, I'm gonna list down stuffs like I did for few paragraphs above lol.

So the stuffs I don't like about Photoshop are:-
1. Have to always start with empty/transparent layer but I'm always damn clumsy that started with white background and get my outline done on the same layer. I  CANNOT COLOUR IT UNDERNEATH THE OUTLINE ANYMORE AND HAVE TO REDRAW. #FIRSTWORLDPAIN. If you understand what I mean, there're no such thing as exactly the same outline using Bamboo tablet. Fuck me right? So remember, DOUBLE CHECK.

2. Downloaded brushes are kinda fake if you wanna compare with real brushes. =__= and nice brushes aren't free and it's a major problem if you're a poor kid like me lol. So I've been using 2 brushed with different thickness and transparency to create tones all the while. Thanks you so much to the wacom inventor! Imagine you're dealing with these limited brushes with mouse LOL.

3. I want a ready swatches library like we have in Illustrator please.
Not much to rant on Photoshop la actually since I've adapted to Photoshop lol. So just move on to what I liked about it? xD
1. The laziness that I can't use in Art Rage. Copy, scale, crop and those BASIC tools that you can't on Art Rage.(or maybe I'm yet to discover) It's really really useful especially when you're mass creating stuffs!

2. Easier to control. I mean I can do whatever kind of thickness or lines in Photoshop! It's kinda predictable compared to Art Rage. In Art Rage2, the tip of brush is fucking shivering like you're naked in North Pole.

3. Basically it's very user-friendly la, can't think of any now. -.-


And below is a very simple version of Link! Cause I'm exhausted ady lol but you can see the difference of the confident of outline and also colouring. :)



It looks so much digitally compare to the previous one isn't it? and a better control of brush too. Another piece from Photoshop if this is too simple lol.


This was something I found from googling around and take this as practice! I hope I can at least achieve this level soon with Art Rage! >:)

xxx

So yeah, I think that's all :p
Time to have a sleep at this 7.16 A.M. lol
Let me know what's your thought about this! I will reply all o them laa :D

Till then!
x


p/s: Like my page here kuromeowiie's or visit my Deviant Art account ya ;)
p/p/s: I'm so sucky in creating a blog post with good English lol.

10 comments:

I know you love me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter

Popular Posts

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Join me on Google+ Check out my DeviantArt